Application for the 2021/2022 IJMB/JUPEB examinations are open, you can apply here for access to the best training and guidance required to be an exceptional student for direct entry into any of your choice university. Our center is affordable and equipped with the best of equipments to make your examination a success.
Admission into higher institution in Nigeria has been an unending issue as students await UTME year after year hoping the next UTME might be the possible solution to their admission related issue. However, national estimation has shown that UTME is not the best alternative for securing admission stating that only 20% of the annual UTME candidates end up securing admission successfully with Post UTME as Post UTME has constituted another issue towards securing admission into the Nigerian universities.
This simply implies that on yearly basis, only 320,000 out of every 1,600,000 JAMB (UTME) (representing only 20%) aspirants gain admission successfully. The question is ‘what happens to the remaining 80%? Fortunately, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) and Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) have been found to provide succour to those prospective students willing to take the opportunities and secure admission into many Nigerian Universities.
Recognizing the frustration encountered by the teeming prospective students in the old Northern Region, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA). ICSA itself was established by the government of the old Northern Region of Nigeria to provide educational and social services to the people of the region. The first Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) was held in 1977 for all students who had undergone the IJMBE post-secondary education program in the existing schools of Basic/Preliminary studies which had replaced the HSCE.
Presently, IJMB is broader in scope for it has been approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a platform for securing admission into higher institution in the country. IJMB now serve as an Advanced Level Examination which guarantee candidates admission into 200level. The Board is administered by the Institute of Education of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Other members of the board include representatives of various education institutions such as Joint Admission Matriculation Board; Federal University of Technology, Minna
JUPEB was established by a group of ten (10) Universities headed by the University of Lagos. The board was approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in Dec 2013, but was formally setup in April, 2014. JUPEB is certified by the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) as a standard examination that qualifies student to 200level admission through JAMB Direct Entry into Nigerian Universities and Foreign Universities.
Gemstone Institute of Advanced Studies (GIAS), a Subsidiary of Gemstone High International Academy established in 2015, is a new educational institution situated on a vast expanse (about 3.5 Hectares) along the Boundary of Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State.
Presently, the School is making use of a completed educational building and the newly completed Hostel Accommodation with Rooms Ensuite pending the completion of other structures within the complex described in the Master Plan.
The Common Application is required for students applying to any or all of our three programmes.
You will need:
|Application Deadline||Classes Commence|
|Early Application||April 7||April 25|
|Regular Application||April 13||April 25|
|Late Application||April 20||April 25|
Please bring all necessary documents after your online registration to our office
No.2, Gemstone Close
Ben Okoh Street, Off Police Commissioner-Leha Road
Behind City College of Education, Karu, ABUJA